Friday, February 25, 2011

Roses Are Red, Unless They Are Gold- fashion a la mode

Every season we are left playing the same game we played the season before. Guessing which of the metals we will be wearing. I was told a couple years back, while on a shopping trip in Nordstrom, that silver was not my metal. Mind you, I was wearing silver rings, earrings and a watch. Ouch. Every since that fateful day, I have tossed all of my silver to the side for the other metal, gold. I wear my great-grandmother’s gold ring on my right hand ring finger every day, and resort to gold necklaces, charm bracelets and earrings when I wear jewelry out. A lot of my friends will comment and say that I am one of the only people that wear gold, it’s an “old” thing… whatever that means. Well- listen up friends. Gold is in and it is big. Ha.

Tiffany&Co.


Rose gold jewelry has taken the Spring 2011 jewelry scene by storm, leaving all the silver to sit in your jewelry boxes and tarnish for now. More exotic and feminine than the usual yellow gold we are all used to seeing, rose gold comes in style in big statement pieces. Heavy necklaces, huge watches and hefty earrings in the classy shade of gold are everywhere. Urban Outfitters, Bloomingdales, J. Crew and Tiffany’s are among the stores carrying these must-have accessories. Michael Kors’ rose-gold Glitz Watch is stunning, if you can only buy one piece, try and find that or something similar.

Michael Kors
Forever 21

I am left smiling really big over this, I am finally able to wear all of my “old” gold jewelry and blend right in with the spring trends that I am hoping carries over to summer, fall, winter…

No comments:

Post a Comment