Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Blog's Very Own Queen of New Jersey


Here she is. Our very own Jersey Queen, and no I am not talking about Snooki. Randi grew up on the east coast in New Jersey, and is our resident marketing major, boarding school grad, who is one of the most talented people I have ever met.


As I sit down to interview Randi, I am laughing because for four years she has been one of my dearest and closest friends, and the thought of interviewing her is so awkward. Her and her sister Maggie are in her room, both of them looking effortlessly cool. Randi is in her black skinnies, fur vest, black fingernails, a vintage gold timex (which I need to borrow) and is even wearing her big gray socks. She can honestly put together any item of clothing and make it fashionable- much like her fashion icon Mary Kate Olsen. You can tell everyone thinks she has great clothes- while I am sitting in her room, two of her roommates, at different times, come in to dig through her drawers and find something to wear. Andrew Belle is blasting from her iPod dock, and I swear the duration of the interview we listen to the song “Static Waves” at least 10 times, not knowing later that her iPod was on repeat.  Right now, all she has been listening to is Mumford and Sons, her latest guilty pleasure, so I am surprised they aren’t playing now.
This girl is a dreamer and an idealist. I swear that’s why we get along so well. She is always thinking about the future, but is very in-the-moment as well. Always up for an adventure and trying something new, she is carefree, creative and encouraging. As the better-half of our blog/website endeavor, she is always texting me or emailing me new ideas, flat out, she’s brilliant. Her ability to make anything related to graphic design is unreal, and I watch her as she fiddles around with making our logo; erasing, twisting, and saturating words and pictures until she is satisfied with it. Good designs inspire her, so does people watching. She reads Nylon magazines and the Bible, sings loudly and well at that, drinks soy cinnamon lattes from Starbucks, and talks in her sleep at random. In one simple word, Randi is cool. She is gonna bring big things to this blog, and has big hopes for it. (Love her for that)



So our last question we are wondering about Randi… what do her and the self-proclaimed, other Jersey Queen have in common? Well, nothing, except for the fact that they can poof their hair to ridiculous heights. Hey, the higher the hair, the closer to God right? Poor attempt at humor by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment