Tuesday, May 1, 2012

No, This Isn't a Motorcycle Dive Bar- Fashion a la Mode


Leather is a tough look to pull off. Unless you frequent Sturgis, are in to S&M, or hang out backstage at concerts… leather isn’t generally something one is comfortable is wearing (of course- the classic leather jacket can be a staple for a lot of people). I am talking leather skirts, shorts, dresses, vests- a little outside the norm of a clean-cut leather jacket. I am just giddy over this. Giddy, now that I think about it, is not quite the best term used when in conjunction with excitement for leather.

I am obsessed with my zipper front leather mini skirt, and my new leather hot shorts. The shorts I have yet to wear, I am waiting for more of that sweltering heat and an invite to a dive bar/ fun event that they would work perfectly for. The skirt I have worn and it has been complimented and adored. I have paired it with an oversized, chunky sweater and heels, and also with a button up shirt tucked in with flats.

(Free People)

(Theory)

(ShopBop)


A little tip: When wearing one of these bold, and sometimes more “scandalous” pieces, try pairing it with something to tone it down a bit. I wouldn’t suggest a low cut silk tank and leather hot shorts if you’re going to a casual dinner. Throw on a leather vest with a white v-neck and cut off jean shorts with a bright colored pair of flats… come on, this is too easy. Effortlessly chic.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment