Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oh So Top Heavy- Fashion a la Mode

I have been honestly searching for the perfect pair of sunglasses for the past month. I know, I know, its only been sunny for like, 4 days here in Minnesota, but regardless of the sun being scattered in its appearances, my sunglasses never are in theirs. I am one of those obsessive sunglass wearers (I didn’t know that was such a word until my Mac didn’t autocorrect me), I have even fallen asleep inside my house with them on. I think I found the style I desperately want, maybe need, (finally, stepping away from the wayfarer style I have been wearing for the past 2 years), and my style icon is none other than Malcolm X. …pause. Yes, I said Malcolm X. He made these brow-line glasses famous in the mid-twentieth century, and for that I give him credit.



The name comes from the fact that much like eyebrows frame the eyes, these frame the glasses themselves. Ray-Ban makes a line of glasses and sunglasses known as the Clubmaster, which is based on this classic style. AMC’s Mad Men has helped to reintroduce this style with the characters wearing them frequently. Flattering on most face shapes, even my rounder heart-shaped face, I’ll take em! 





Now go out at be protected by the (hopefully everywhere) sun... 
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment