Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Not So Neutral - fashion a la mode

For most of us, the winter season is that time of year where we go nuts for neutral colored pieces. Beige, grey, black, cream, you name it. In my case, I think I even go a bit overboard when stocking up on these wardrobe "staples". But March arrives tomorrow (for me spring is nothing but a dream in my far future, hello Minnesota snowstorm!) so as you can imagine, I am longing for some color to spice up my life and take me to that imaginary beach that I won¹t be going to...yet at least.  Just our luck and thank goodness- these days, stores are bursting with rainbows of color, so much so that it literally lifts my spirits walking in a store. (Unfortunately, this is not an exaggeration, poor passersby probably think I'm nuts.) Some of this season¹s hottest colors are absolutely gorgeous- bright tangerine, solar-power yellow, bright, cabaret pink, soft teal, and cobalt blue.  No matter where you reside or what the temperature is outside, there is no need to wait to experiment with these eye pleasing colors. Don¹t just let your eyes feast on the bright colors in the store front windows and mannequins! Invest in a few eye catching brights to liven up that monotone closet and perhaps, melt away those winter blues (and this snow?) If you have a tan sweater, throw on a tangerine scarf, belt or what the heck, tangerine pants! Don¹t hesitate to try a new color you have never worn before,you never know, rocking bold colors might even renew your optimism and energy in your life!
 
Here's to hoping.
-R








No comments:

Post a Comment